W.O.W. (Worship our Way) Children’s Worship Time
W.o.W. is offered at both the 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM services. W.o.W. will also be available during our 10:00am service days. Children are dismissed from the service following the “Time For Children” message. They will participate in worship practices in an age appropriate manner.
Children 3 years old – 4th grade are invited to participate in W.o.W. Younger children are welcome in the nursery.
Children are dismissed by the Pastor from the worship service following the Children’s Message. The children are escorted by a volunteer to Room 8 for W.o.W. Parents may pick up their children from Room 8.
W.o.W. introduces children to age-appropriate Bible concepts that follow the liturgical calendar of the church. Generally, children explore the same topic presented during the sermon through a Bible story, art, music, and fun hands-on activities.
For safety reasons, children attending Children’s Church must be retrieved by a parent or approved adult.
Sunday School is offered from 9:45am-10:45am. Teachers will use Whirl curriculum that follows the lectionary. Lessons will typically match the sermon and will be age appropriate for the children. Our intergenerational approach will allow families to reflect together on the message heard and taught each Sunday.
Our well-staffed nursery is available for newborns through 3 years old.
For safety reasons, children attending Sunday School must be dropped off and retrieved by a parent or approved adult.
Parents are ALWAYS WELCOME to visit or help in any Sunday School class.
Wednesday Night We invite Children to dine with their families in Fellowship Hall at 6:00 PM. At 6:30pm, they will be dismissed to their classroom. The schedule is as follows:
6:45-7:15pm Lesson & Activities
Teachers will present a fun and engaging activitity.
Children will be dismissed to parents or guardians at 7:15pm.
Covenant Children’s Ministry Values
1) Every child is a beloved child of God and every family is welcome to our church.
2) Covenant provides a safe and secure place for every child and family to worship God and grow in their faith. (All Christian Education/Children’s Ministry programs and events are staffed by Covenant employees and volunteers who have passed background checks.)
3) The Christian Education/Children’s Ministry is a vital part of the Covenant community and the church’s mission statement–working hand-in-hand with other ministries of the church and across generations–to follow Christ’s example to love and to serve.
4) Children’s Ministry provides age-appropriate, engaging, and uplifting Christian programming to children through Sunday School, W.o.W., Wednesday night activities, and other special events.
5) Parents and guardians play essential roles and are invited to participate, volunteer, or observe ALL of our programs and events at any time. Our goal is to connect with, support, and encourage parents in their God-given role as the spiritual leaders of their children.
6) The Christian Education program seeks to glorify God by teaching children to love God and to accept His love, grace and forgiveness. Our goal is to equip children with an expanding knowledge of the Christian faith and provide age-appropriate avenues to learn the Bible stories.